Candidate Filing for 2021
INFORMATION FOR PUBLICATION OF CANDIDATE FILING DATES,
TIMES AND PLACES
Statute 115.127.5 orders that the political subdivision or special district calling an election shall, before the fifteenth Tuesday prior to any election at which offices are to be filled, notify the general public of:
(1) The opening filing date;
(2) The office or offices to be filled;
(3) The proper place for filing;
(4) The closing filing date for the election.
Such notification may be accomplished by legal notice published in at least one newspaper of general circulation in the political subdivision or special district.
Be sure to give the public all the information needed for filing:
(1) Opening date: 8:00 AM, Tuesday, December 15, 2020
(2) What offices are open for filing;
(3) Where and with whom to file; the daily hours of the filing place and days of week to file;
(4) Closing date: 5:00 PM, Tuesday, January 19, 2021
You must certify the election to the County Clerk between Wednesday, January 20, 2021 and Tuesday, January 26, 2021. Certification day is also the withdrawal deadline for candidates for municipal and special district elections.
Your certification must include:
(1) Notice of election.
(2) Ballot (you prepare this).
(3) The declarations of candidates;
(a) Be sure candidate prints his or her name as they want it printed on the ballot.
(b) Date and time of filing on the declaration
(c) Form 5120 from the DOR must be completed and notarized
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email us.